Texas Alimony Lawyer representing women and men
Alimony, known as spousal support or spousal maintenance in Texas, is available in limited situations. This support may be permanent or may continue for a period of time if deemed necessary by the court.
Spousal support may be available in your Texas divorce in the following situations:
- During the divorce process
- There is an agreement between spouses to pay spousal maintenance
- Spousal support based on financial need and special circumstances
- Unable to support yourself through employment as a result of physical or mental disability
- Unable to work outside of the home due to the need to care for a child of the marriage who is physically or mentally disabled
- Lacks earning ability to provide for his or her minimum reasonable needs
Additional factors that determine the availability of spousal support are the length of the marriage or the existing of domestic violence during the marriage. Whether you are seeking spousal support or need help fighting a spousal maintenance claim, it is critical to have an experienced Dallas family law attorney working to protect you and your interests. If you are seeking to secure spousal support or protecting yourself against a claim, John will vigorously fight to protect your financial interests. Please contact us for more information.